Wednesday, February 20, 2008

#6 I Hate Randy

Yes, unfortunately it's true.  The Randy I hate is one of my old managers at "The Moon".  Hey, dude, I'm sorry that I worked there for a summer job and some extra cash on the side, and that the best you're going to be in life is a 3rd tier manager at some crummy restaurant bar, but you don't have to take it out on me.  And yes I do say 3rd tier manager because he is not the first in charge, not even the second, but the 3rd which means he pretty much as absolutely no say.

Why do I hate this man so much you may ask?  Well he pretty much never gave me a chance.  I know that I may not be the world's greatest waitress.  In fact, I am probably one of the only waitresses in the history of waitresses to spill on a customer and then trip on the remnants of that spillage five minutes later.  But I apologized, and everyone else seemed to get a big laugh over it.  Andy on the other hand, let me know that maybe I was not cut out for the restaurant business.  At the same time, I was one of maybe two people in that restaurant who actually smiled, whether or not that smile was phony as hell.  I also had some sort of people skills and did not bark at my tables like "Poo" (kill me now) or engage in hitting a customer with their bill at the end of the night like my good friend, Dan.  So what's the beef Randy?

He used to come up to me and tell me how "fresh" I smelled (creep), or ask me what kind of music I listened to (my least favorite question ever).  So, I am not exactly sure when our downfall began.  I am assuming it was the time I went in to the bar, drunk on halloween, which I think is a pretty normal thing to do.  Unfortunately a ginger bitch made a negative reference to my costume, and that was all I needed to set me off.  Maybe it was wrong, but it was not during working hours, and I don't think it was really that big of a deal.  Then there was the time I was drunk and allegedly "pushed someone".  Of course, Randy was the only one who said this "push".  No one complained, and who cares, I push people all the time.  

I guess  the final straw was the time he watched me through the window as I did the worm on the sidewalk out front in front of 2 friends.  First of all, it was 3 a.m., and second, I was not even in the restaurant.  At this point, Andy demanded that I be fired on the grounds that I was making a bad impression in front of customers that may recognize me.  Come on Randy, the customers we get at the Moon are a bunch of drunk bums from the halfway house on Chicago Ave who stumble down the street looking for someone to argue with. Randy loves this because making a good point against someone who doesn't change their underwear daily is the only time in his life that he has every felt intelligent.  Bottom line, I did not get fired (that time). Though, according to Randy it was my 3rd strike.  As much as he wanted me gone, his superiors, who actually have some sense of humor, found my antics hilarious and would not hear of my dismissal.  

So, Randy, wherever you are (I know you're at the Moon running around shouting out orders because this is the only control you have in the world), why don't you stop getting angry at 22 year old girls who are throwing back a few shots of vodka to have a good time, while you yourself are snorting whip-its in the kitchen to get high during your managerial shifts.  Yeah, that's right, caught ya.  And as for your fianceé, Kathy, the best of luck in your (2nd... of many) marriage.

1 comment:

miley cyrus said...

haha what about the dude at the pmoon holiday party who bought me a shot, touched my true religies and got a bone and then told everyone I tried to make out with him...you hate him too i assume???