Tuesday, March 4, 2008

#19 I Hate White Boys Who Make Beats

In case anyone needs clarification here, I mean rap beats. I know that all white boys, and boys of varying races for that matter, make other types of beats as well, but we don't need to go there. What happened in the last ten years that made white boys think that making beats would be an admirable idea?  I guess maybe it just took one white dude who succeeded in beat making  to show other white dudes that while they have a 0.0001 percent chance of making it as a rapper, the beat making industry is open to all.

Is it really open to all though?  I mean how hard is it to bust a beat to some background music. I'm no female d.j. (Samantha Ronson terrifies me), but I can think of more than one night sitting around with my friends when someone has unfortunately began rapping, others have made background beat type sounds, and it just doesn't appear to be that difficult.  I definitely could be wrong here, as I have come across many things in life which appear easy on the outside, but truly are not.  Riding a razor for one, not an easy task.  But I guess there is also a difference between being able to do something and actually being good at it. And while the market for white boy beat artists appears to be open, I am here, as usual, to disagree.

Black people are born better singers and dancers.  It's in their blood and that is just something that cannot be argued.  While Will Bence may be able to role a mean dice, he just can't hang with Chris Brown.  I think white boy beat makers, and rappers for that matter cannot be taken seriously.  It's just not natural, as white people are not born with the internal rhythm of the black man.  There are always exceptions to any rule, and obviously Eminem is one, if not the only one of these exceptions.  Pete Chatz, you are not an exception.

I hate getting facebook invitations from random E-town alum white boys turned rappers/beat makers at shady venues in Chicago.  No, I will not come to your show because if I do I will become extremely uncomfortable, probably start giggling uncontrollably like a 5th grade girl, and be forced to remove myself from the vicinity.  I don't know what it is about white rappers/beatists (new word coined by me), but they are just excruciatingly awkward for me to watch.  It's probably due to the fact that I hate them, or do I hate them because they make me uncomfortable?  I guess it's a catch-22, chicken and egg kind of thing.

3 comments:

Brendan said...

travis is mad at you for this

eyeswideopen said...

im sorry but saying something like black people were born better singers and dancers is racist comment.

think twice before you make such an offensive commentary when you are trying to be humorous...

umm try again.

Jane said...

I think mary should check out post #10